Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Bad officials

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad officials

    Exactly.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #12
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad officials

    Who was the line judge on the CW side of the field? After the facemask non-call, I saw him get quite animated with a CW coach. Never mind that the play happened right in front of the official and it was a blatant facemask.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad officials

    Hell, as I was leaving, I heard more Norton folks complaining about the refs than CW folks.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member
    Bad officials


    aoa_stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2006
    Posts
    880
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad officials

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Oh and you think Walker is a good'n, shows what little you know [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    And don`t even get me started on Edwards, I don`t know were to begin [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad officials

    Did any of the other almost dozen folks on here get a message from this cat calling you an idiot for being critical of the officiating today, or am I the lucky one?
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  6. #16
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad officials

    Officials have a tough job there are many times that what I am 100% sure is a blown call turns out to be the correct call after watching the film (The Catch out of bounds Clintwood vs Lee I was 100% sure that the Lee kid caught the ball but after watching the film it was a great call)

    I think that everyone gets more upset with missed calls but the same group gets upset if the refs call everything so it is almost a no win situation they do get payed so I don't feel to sorry for them though LOL

    At the Clintwood game I thought that there was a lot of Holding that could have been called but it was not called on either team so it is just like a umpire in baseball with a big strikezone the team/players need to adjust.

    The only Missed call I can really shake my head over was the missed Facemask in the 4th which while it does not change the games outcome could have caused injury (this was textbook 15 yard facemask) After watching the film I have no clue how it was missed other than it being an attempt to finish the game as quickly as possible and I don't want to believe that since I think that most officials want to do a quality job

  7. #17
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad officials

    I agree with you Counts that most want to do a good job. Nobody expects perfection. You being an old lineman, you are prone to seeing the holding and such more. I honestly didn't notice it as much. Some but not that much.
    Honestly I could have dealt with the guy missing the call on the facemask and just saying he missed it. We have had a few officials who will make a mistake and admit it, and honestly I got more respect for an official like that, then the ones who argue and try to convince you that they are right. I've normally noticed that the ones who totally whiff a call and are to proud to admit it, will turn and immediately start trying to question/jump the coach, not listen. What got me the most mad on Saturday was that instead of admitting he missing the call, he started mouthing to the crowd.

    Truthfully I have nothing for any fan who tries to confront an official. It looks bad for the community, the program, the coaches and the team. That being said, as an official, you shouldn't go out of your way to cause/provoke confrontations.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad officials

    Basketball season's tippin off soon. I've got several on my mind for that list. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  9. #19
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad officials

    [ QUOTE ]
    Basketball season's tippin off soon. I've got several on my mind for that list. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    It's a mile long and a mile wide... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad officials

    Amen

    Basketball officials here are possibly the worst in the nation (got some lousy baseball umps too in our area)
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •